Every dollar counts, especially when you’re renovating or re-modelling a bathroom space. Finding a toilet at a bargain price that doesn’t compromise performance is key. You want one of the best toilets under $200 but still want good design, a modern look, and flushing performance that will stand up to the work your family will put it through.
One thing to consider as you search for the best toilets under $200 is what is included in that price. Finding the best affordable toilet that doesn’t include all the pieces you need is not a bargain at all. Look for listings that include at least the toilet seat and lid, and even the hardware required to install it. Then you’re really getting what your budget is looking for and not having to pay out even more.
Best Toilets Under $200
Find the best cheap toilet quickly:
|Style||Toilet Seat Included?||Price|
|TOTO Entrada||Two Piece||No||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
|Kohler Highline||Two Piece||No||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
|American Standard Toilet||Two Piece||No||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
|Mansfield Plumbing Alto||Two Piece||No||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
ABSOLUTE BEST: TOTO Entrada
Things to Like:
- Low water flow, yet powerful, flushing action
- Clean, modern design
- The reviews! People genuinely like the toilet (and the price!)
- ADA compliant
TOTO is a reputable brand; a Japanese manufacturer who consistently produces quality plumbing products. To be able to have one of their toilets at a bargain price is unbelievable. The proof, though, is in the reviews. Real people, who have purchased this toilet, share how happy they are with the performance of this toilet, and amazed at how little it cost them.
Two Bargain Bathroom Qualifiers:
- It’s the sale price that is placing this toilet in the ‘Best Toilets Under $200’ category. Full disclosure; regular price is a little above the price limit. BUT, it does mean that, if you wait for a sale, you can have this great toilet at a bargain price.
- It doesn’t come with a seat. I did caution above that a bargain priced toilet may not come with all the parts, and this is definitely the case here. BUT, you can get a great seat for a bargain price also.
NAME BRAND: Kohler Wellworth
Things to Like:
- Low flow flush, meeting all standards and guidelines
- Classic lines will look good in all bathroom styles
- Trusted brand at a bargain price
Kohler’s ‘Wellworth’ line is the best toilet on a budget; an entry level toilet that provides a name brand fixture at a bargain price. Getting a product at the lower end of a manufacturers production line means that you still get all the quality that the brand is known for at a price that fits your wallet.
This toilet meets all the EPA standards and guidelines for low flushing – using only 1.6 gallons per flush – yet still provides a powerful flushing action. It’s a classic two-piece toilet that will fit into any traditional bathroom design. As above, though, it also does not come with a seat.
BEST VALUE: American Standard 288Da114.020
Things to Like:
- Very low flush volume – 1.1 gpf
- EverClean surface
- Easy installation
- The price!!
This is it. The best value toilet on the market. Although it also doesn’t come with a seat, it will still come in well under the $200 mark ensuring that you stay on budget.
With a low flow 1.1 gpf this model meets the EPA standards – although reviewers say that sometimes you may need to hold the handle down a wee bit longer if a larger flush is required. The EverClean surface helps keep the toilet bowl fresh between regular cleanings. Easy installation (remember to also get a wax ring!) with included hardware.
RUNNER UP: Mansfield Plumbing Alto
Things to Like:
- Smart height meets ADA requirements
- Low flow flush meets EPA requirements
- Vitreous China construction
This is a basic two-piece toilet that performs well and looks as good as any more expensive model. It meets ADA requirements for comfort height, making it a good choice for households with elderly, or those with mobility issues. And the low flow flush meets EPA requirements for water consumption. The toilet seat is not included; be sure to pick one up that fits the specifications for this model
Bargain Shopping Considerations
Even when looking for the best toilets under $200, you still have to have some criteria to consider in order to make the right choice. Here are some things to consider – it’s not always just about the price!
- Budget. Of course price matters. Be clear about your budget but also be realistic about whether it is achievable. Toilets often don’t come with the toilet seat/lid included, or the wax ring for installation. Be sure to include these items in your price comparison shopping so that you don’t end up over budget.
- Fit/Dimensions. It would not be good to purchase a toilet, get it delivered, and then find out it won’t fit where you intended it to go. Every listing includes dimensions of the toilet itself, as well as specification for installation. Be sure to read this through be fore ordering
- Performance. Most toilets in this category are gravity fed but there may be differences in the performance of the flush. Reading reviews is one of the best ways to determine if a toilet performs well or not. Reviewers are generally very honest about their experience and can let you know if they think it’s a good performer and/or good value for money.
- Design. The visual appeal of a model should not be overlooked just because you are on a budget. You want something that looks nice, will fit with the decor of your bathroom, and is comfortable.
Best Two Piece Toilet
If none of these meet all your criteria, and your budget might be able to stretch a little further, check out our Best Two Piece Toilet article. These models are a little more expensive but include more features and/or better performance.