Classic materials, such as wood, can transform what can be a cold, sterile room into a warm and cozy nook. That’s why we see so much wood in bathroom cabinetry; to help create an inviting feeling. The best wooden toilet seat will fit into your bathroom decor with the right styling, coloration, and details.
One reason to switch to a wood toilet seat is its natural ability to feel warm. Not warm as in someone-was-just-sitting-here-warm, but a nice comfortable temperature as opposed to sitting on a cold, plastic, toilet seat. Wooden toilet seats feel softer, more comfortable, and warmer; especially in the dead of winter.
Best Wooden Toilet Seat Comparison Table
Not all wooden toilet seats are equal; in fact, not all wooden toilet seats are wooden! Some are wood fibreboard, or molded wood with a veneer on top. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s good to compare the options (and prices) to see how they stack up.
|Product Name||Seat Type||Price|
|Top Top||Comfort Seats Designer Toilet Seat||Solid Wood||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||Mayfair 19601CP Natural Oak||Wood Veneer||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||MAYFAIR Solid Bamboo Toilet Seat||Bamboo||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||J&V Textiles Wood Grain Toilet Seat||Wood Grain||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||BEMIS Enameled Wood Toilet Seat||Enameled Wood||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||Sanilo Molded Wood Toilet Seat||Molded Wood||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||Bath Décor Dark Brown Finish Toilet Seat||Solid Wood||Check Up-to-Date Price on Amazon|
From solid wood, to wood veneer, to enameled wood and even bamboo…here are our top picks for best wooden toilet seat.
BEST SOLID WOOD TOILET SEAT: Comfort Seats Solid Wood Toilet Seat
Things to Like:
- Solid wood construction
- Beautiful, long-lasting finish
- Chrome hinges
It’s not often that you can describe a toilet seat as beautiful (this is definitely a first for me!), but this solid wood toilet seat is a beautiful addition to any bathroom.
The solid wood construction is coated with a durable, and long lasting, finish to prevent chipping and cracking. The chrome hinges add an element of style that will match other chrome features in the bathroom.
Some people worry that it’s difficult to care for a wooden toilet seat, but regular gentle cleaning and maintenance are all that is required to keep it looking its best for many years to come.
BEST WOOD VENEER TOILET SEAT: Mayfair 19601CP Natural Oak
Things to Like:
- Natural Oak finish
- Chrome hinges for a classic look
- No cracking or splitting
A wood veneer toilet seat is a great option if you’re looking for the style and comfort of a wooden toilet seat but don’t want to worry about the cracking and splitting that can happen with a solid wood version.
This natural oak finished toilet seat has chrome hinges for a classic looking style that will match the other chrome features in your bathroom. Its elongated shape means it will fit almost any toilet.
BEST ENAMELED WOOD TOILET SEAT: BEMIS 1500 EC
Things to Like:
- Enameled wood seat is durable and long lasting
- Quick release for easy cleaning
- Elongated shape fits most toilets
- Non corrosive bolts and wing nuts
- Available in many colours
The benefit of this toilet seat is that it offers all the qualities of a wooden toilet seat, yet will fit in with the style and decor of a regular toilet seat. Constructed with a core of wood fibreboard, it feels softer and warmer than a regular plastic toilet seat, yet is much more resistant to chipping and cracking.
Most toilets have an elongated bowl; this toilet seat will easily fit as it also has an elongated shape. The large selection of colours will allow you to match it to your bathroom decor; although ‘Venetian Pink’ does seem like an outlier. 🙂
BEST BAMBOO TOILET SEAT: TOPSEAT Natural Bamboo Toilet Seat
Things to Like:
- Bamboo construction
- Nickel hinges
- Environmentally friendly
This bamboo toilet seat is a modern interpretation of the wooden toilet seat. While not ‘officially’ a wooden toilet seat, it fits in this category for its similar style and coloration.
Bamboo is an environmentally friendly, renewable resource that is making a huge splash in interior decorating for the past few years. It’s a beautiful finish that is reminiscent of wood but with a modern appeal for todays updated tastes.
It is durable and long lasting and requires the minimal amount of care to keep it looking new for years to come.
How Are Wooden Toilet Seats Made?
Truth be told, not all wooden toilet seats are made of solid wood. There are a variety of construction methods; each having their benefits and drawbacks.
- Solid Wood. This is what is most expected when one talks about wooden toilet seats. They are exactly as advertised; a solid piece of wood (or wooden planks laminated together) and carved into the toilet seat shape. The wood is then finished with a protective coating for durability and to prevent chipping and cracking.
- Wood Veneer. These toilet seats usually have a molded wood fiber core and are finished with a very thin wood veneer. This technique has been used in furniture making and millwork for over 200 years. It gives the look and warmth of a wooden toilet seat without the cost. It’s also a great way to enhance the durability of the product. Solid wood expands and contracts, especially with exposure to moisture – a fiberboard core with a paper thin cut of wood – or veneer – is much more able to manage temperature and moisture fluctuations.
- Enameled Wood. While these toilet seats may look like regular plastic toilet seats, they are wood in the core and so are included in our list. Enameled wood toilet seats bring the comfort, heft, and warmth of the underlying wood but the enamelling on top brings the appearance of a normal toilet seat for those who want a set that fits into the traditional look.
- Bamboo. Nope, not wood, but bamboo is an updated, modern, and environmentally friendly option. Bamboo is warm and comfortable and brings a stylish element to a modern bathroom.
Best Heated Toilet Seat
While a wooden toilet seat can feel warmer than a plastic one, nothing beats the feeling of an actual warm toilet seat. Check out our Best Heated Toilet Seat article to find a toilet seat that won’t have you wishing you didn’t have ‘to go’ in the middle of the night.